Sunday, August 24, 2014

Enjoying Life!

Hello!

I'm really enjoying life! The Unshakeable Kingdom Project is closer to completion, I'm studying for Rock School exams (electric guitar, grade 8), the weather is becoming warmer (and windier), my music lessons (drums, guitar, vocals) keep me busy and challenged, and God is good!

Here's more things I'm enjoying:

 
1. God's beautiful creation!
I feel very lucky and blessed to live in Jbay. The sunrises are breathtaking, the stars are really bright, and the ocean is right there.

2. Photo shoots
We had a photoshoot for our album! It took a few hours to take three pictures. Despite a lot of waiting and posing, it was a really neat experience. I also quite enjoyed being a hipster!

3. The weather
Winter is coming to an end and summer is almost here! It's become increasingly warm, and very windy! Nice weather for walking, biking, chilling on the beach, etc.

 
 
4. Lekker Braai!
(left to right) Marike, Sarah, Armand, me, WP, Josh, Frikkie, and Cari
Today, we had a braai (South African barbecue) near the beach for lunch, complete with steak, potato salad, garlic bread, and guacamole! Yum!
 
5. The beach
Before we ate, we went down to the beach and watched the surfers. The waves were huge! I don't surf, but it's really fun to watch.
 

6. Being ginger!
 (left to right, back to front) Sarah, Alex, me, Matthjis, and Lauren
 We had a Ginger Tea Party! We ate ginger pudding, apple crisp, strawberries, honey crullers, and cheddar Pringles, washing it all down with ginger beer and ginger tea! We discussed the benefits and struggles of being redheaded, our hair-itage, and the truth behind the stereotypes. It was a blast!

We made the blondes and brunettes jealous. =P
 
 
In other news:
  • We got 9 out of 10 songs on our album back from mixing, and they sound fantastic!!!
  • I've officially lived in South Africa for seven months! We only have three months left!!! I'm trying to make the most of every moment.
 
Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer (if you live in the Northern Hemisphere) or the rest of your winter (if you live in the Southern Hemisphere)!
 
Until next post,
Nad


No comments:

Post a Comment